Production Supervisor - 3rd Shift
Production Supervisor - 3rd Shift
- Monitor line performance and take corrective action to eliminate process problems.
- Assure that schedules are met, resources properly allocated, production interruptions are resolved quickly and effectively while facilitating an overall smooth running production line.
- Plans and coordinates production activities and team objectives providing necessary direction for production team members
- Monitor line throughput, cycle time and scrap on a daily basis
- Work with hourly production and maintenance personnel to assure proper utilization of production equipment
- Promote open communication with specific responsibility toward the production team and its operating personnel concerning goals, performance standards, company policies and procedures
- Maximizes the utilization of manpower through effective cross-training, development and delegation
- Lead Focused Improvement Teams to improve, Quality, Service, Safety and Cost
- Work with team to develop, execute and sustain Operating Procedures
- Lead team in tracking and understanding Key Performance Indicators, Gap Analysis, and Action Oriented activities
- Be a technical resource to operators resolving minor equipment and or production problems
- Responsible for maintaining health and safety of the production line, assuring company policy for health and safety are met.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Management or Equivalent Experience
- Minimum of 8-10 years’ production experience
- Strong team-based attitude
- Experience in implementing or enhancing teams
- Demonstration experience with cross-functional teams
- Strong communication and team management skills
- Good hands on manufacturing skills
- Demonstrated experience utilizing world class manufacturing techniques such as SPC, Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen, etc.
- Ability to work independently and be effective in a fast paced environment
- Requirement 1
- Requirement 2
- Requirement 3
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Vicor is an Equal Opportunity employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Vicor endeavors to make the careers page accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 978-470-2900. Or email us to email@example.com and a member of Human Resources will be in touch with you. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Vicor Corporation designs, manufactures and markets innovative, high performance modular power components, from bricks to semiconductor-centric solutions, to enable customers to efficiently convert and manage power from the wall plug to the point-of-load. Complementing an extensive portfolio of patented innovations in power conversion and power distribution with significant application development expertise, Vicor offers comprehensive product lines addressing a broad range of power conversion and management requirements across all power distribution architectures, including CPA, DPA, IBA, FPA and CBA. Vicor focuses on solutions for performance-critical applications in the following markets: enterprise and high performance computing, telecommunications and network infrastructure, industrial equipment and automation, vehicles and transportation and aerospace and defense electronics.Start Application