As safety specialist, you will work to ensure the organization complies with all current safety regulations and that employees are aware of safety requirements and are prepared to follow safety procedures.
- Implements, manages and monitors safety programs, policies, and procedures that meet OSHA and other applicable requirements.
- Participates in the development, refinement and implementation of programs such as hazard communication, personal protective equipment, lockout/tagout, electrical safety, confined space entry, fire protection, respiratory protection, hearing conservation, powered industrial trucks and other safety and health compliance programs.
- Coordinates and implements safety and accident prevention programs to assure safety of Vicor employees. Investigate workplace accidents and complaints and makes recommendations for correcting unsafe conditions and actions.
- Monitors compliance with federal, state and local safety and health regulations.
- Serves as an advisor to management, reviews procedures and plans, follows-up on corrective actions, and coordinate inspections, self-audits, investigations and reporting.
- Helps to create and track health and safety training programs for employees, contractors, etc.
- Provides support to analyze, identify and mitigate health or safety hazards for new and existing operations.
- Stays up to date with regulatory changes and update SOPs as needed
- Assists with emergency response plans, training and events.
- Serves as an active participant in the facility’s emergency management team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Health and Safety or related discipline (e.g., engineering)
- Minimum of 3-5 years of related experience in industrial health & safety compliance programs and implementation.
- Working knowledge of applicable federal and state regulations including OSHA, MA Department of Safety, NFPA, etc.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills.
- Experienced in training and interact with personnel at all levels of an organization.
- Experience in coordinating and participating as an active member of a First Aid team.
- Demonstrated success in working independently and as part of a very fast-paced work environment.
- Must be capable of performing CPR and wearing a respirator.
- Current HAZWOPER 40-hour certification a plus
- CSP/CIH not required
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, and Power Point
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Vicor is an Equal Opportunity employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Vicor endeavors to make the careers page accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 978-470-2900. Or email us to firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of Human Resources will be in touch with you. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Vicor Corporation designs, manufactures and markets innovative, high performance modular power components, from bricks to semiconductor-centric solutions, to enable customers to efficiently convert and manage power from the wall plug to the point-of-load. Complementing an extensive portfolio of patented innovations in power conversion and power distribution with significant application development expertise, Vicor offers comprehensive product lines addressing a broad range of power conversion and management requirements across all power distribution architectures, including CPA, DPA, IBA, FPA and CBA. Vicor focuses on solutions for performance-critical applications in the following markets: enterprise and high performance computing, telecommunications and network infrastructure, industrial equipment and automation, vehicles and transportation and aerospace and defense electronics.Start Application