Senior Failure Analysis Engineer
Senior Failure Analysis Engineer
Vicor is the leader in high-performance power modules, enabling customer innovation with easy-to-deploy modular power system solutions for power delivery networks that provide the highest density and efficiency from source to point-of-load. We continuously advance the density, efficiency and power delivery capabilities of our power modules by staying on the forefront of distribution architectures, conversion topologies and packaging technology. Vicor serves customers in enterprise and high-performance computing, industrial equipment and automation, robotics, UAVs, vehicles and transportation, satellites, and aerospace and defense.
During this exciting period of growth, we are expanding several of our teams including Failure Analysis Engineering team. As a Failure Analysis Engineer at Vicor, you will be involved with performing product failure analysis on our most advanced products including working with our design, applications, and manufacturing teams to identify root cause and drive corrective action. Come join our team!
- Work with engineering to ensure continuous product improvements of modular power components for AC-DC/ DC-DC circuitry.
- Apply logical theoretical knowledge of electrical engineering principles to test and identify design issues.
- Manage detailed failure analysis process such as trend/root cause analysis and reporting requirements.
- Analyze/modify current product processes and implement improvements. Perform a variety of complex engineering tasks to improve the reliability and manufacturability of our current generation products.
- Write detailed power supply analysis reports based on root cause of failure.
- Communicate power supply analysis results to applications engineering and/or external customers.
- Report potential design issues on returned products to engineering for design improvements.
- Initiate and drive internal corrective actions on design changes.
- Collaborate with engineering team to develop methods of product qualification testing based on external standards.
- Ability to interface with marketing, engineering, manufacturing and customer service departments
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- A minimum of 5 + years related experience
- Strong technical analytical skills; analog design experience is a must.
- Debugging skills are essential.
- Familiarity with high frequency power conversion theory including DC-DC, AC-DC, attenuation and filtering
- Excellent communications/interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated project management/leadership skills and the ability to drive improvements with inter-departmental teams.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Vicor is an Equal Opportunity employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Vicor endeavors to make the careers page accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 978-470-2900. Or email us to email@example.com and a member of Human Resources will be in touch with you. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Vicor Corporation designs, manufactures and markets innovative, high performance modular power components, from bricks to semiconductor-centric solutions, to enable customers to efficiently convert and manage power from the wall plug to the point-of-load. Complementing an extensive portfolio of patented innovations in power conversion and power distribution with significant application development expertise, Vicor offers comprehensive product lines addressing a broad range of power conversion and management requirements across all power distribution architectures, including CPA, DPA, IBA, FPA and CBA. Vicor focuses on solutions for performance-critical applications in the following markets: enterprise and high performance computing, telecommunications and network infrastructure, industrial equipment and automation, vehicles and transportation and aerospace and defense electronics.Start Application