Application Engineer (4908)
An opportunity to join a team of world class engineers in the creation of a comprehensive portfolio of leading edge products and solutions. This position provides direct exposure to new products and technologies, with opportunities to innovate and mature ground breaking solutions that represent the state of the art in power conversion. We are seeking individuals with creativity, talent, experience and a drive for success in a collaborative work environment. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who has strong analytical and problem solving skills, good educational background in electrical engineering, and experience designing power supplies or designing with power components. There are many opportunities to advance and increase responsibilities in Applications Engineering in support of growing product lines.
The Application Engineer is directly responsible for the creation of reference designs for Vicor Power Components as well as the creation of product datasheets, application notes, demonstration boards, test boards and expert tools. The Application Engineer is also a key contributor to the qualification of new products and systems. Finally there are opportunities to collaborate directly with key customers and industry leader in defining and architecting industry leading power conversion solutions.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Working independently and with other members of the team on various projects involving Vicor Power Components.
- Investigating new markets for Vicor Power Components and working with technical leaders in those markets to define high performance power conversion solutions using Vicor products.
- Designing, simulating, prototyping, testing, and optimizing support circuitry and systems using Vicor Power Components.
- Evaluating new products in support of datasheet development
- Developing reference designs and demo boards for new and existing products.
- System level verification of new products as part of New Product Introduction (NPI) programs.
- Troubleshooting and optimizing customer systems which use Vicor Power Components.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or equivalent, MSEE a plus.
- 5+ years power design or applications experience with AC-DC, DC-DC power supplies, or designing with AC-DC or DC-DC power components
- Excellent understanding of analog design and an analytical approach to engineering required.
- Familiarity with modeling and design tools such as Altium, Simplis, Simetrix, and Spice.
- Troubleshooting skills with basic power systems a plus.
- Comfortable with lab equipment used in the characterization and design of power supplies and systems (oscilloscopes, DMMs, Network Analyzers, EMI analyzers, loads, sources, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, comfortable presenting at a technical level in front of customers.
- Some understanding of feedback and control systems, Electromagnetic Interference (EMI), digital (e.g. PIC microcontroller) design, and simulation tools would be a plus
- Familiarity with office tools (Excel, Power Point, Word, etc.) a plus.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Vicor is an Equal Opportunity employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Vicor endeavors to make the careers page accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 978-470-2900. Or email us to email@example.com and a member of Human Resources will be in touch with you. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Vicor Corporation designs, manufactures and markets innovative, high performance modular power components, from bricks to semiconductor-centric solutions, to enable customers to efficiently convert and manage power from the wall plug to the point-of-load. Complementing an extensive portfolio of patented innovations in power conversion and power distribution with significant application development expertise, Vicor offers comprehensive product lines addressing a broad range of power conversion and management requirements across all power distribution architectures, including CPA, DPA, IBA, FPA and CBA. Vicor focuses on solutions for performance-critical applications in the following markets: enterprise and high performance computing, telecommunications and network infrastructure, industrial equipment and automation, vehicles and transportation and aerospace and defense electronics.Start Application