Product Development Engineer, VPC
An opportunity to join a team of world class engineers in creating leading edge power components and solutions. This position provides direct exposure to new products and technologies, with opportunities to innovate and mature ground breaking solutions that represent the state of the art in power conversion. We are seeking engineers with analog skills, creativity, talent, experience and a drive for success in a collaborative work environment. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who has strong analytical and problem solving skills, good background in analog electrical engineering, and experience designing power supplies or designing with power components. There are many opportunities to advance and increase responsibilities in Product Development Engineering in support of growing product lines.
The Product Development Engineer will be involved in the definition of new power components, verification testing of new systems, the design and prototyping of test boards and reference designs, development of product collateral such as application notes and tools, direct customer support, and the development of an online expert system for enabling customers to architect, simulate, and configure power systems.
- Verifying new power component functionality and performance at a system level
- Creation, definition and verification of tools for facilitating customer designs
- Designing, simulating, prototyping, testing, and optimizing systems using Vicor power components
- Evaluating new products in support of datasheet development
- Development of reference designs and evaluation printed circuit boards.
- New products definition
- Troubleshooting, optimizing and supporting customer systems
- Working both independently and as part of a team on various projects
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or equivalent, MSEE a plus.
- 3-5 years of experience designing AC-DC, DC-DC power supplies, or designing with AC-DC or DC-DC power components
- Excellent understanding of analog design and an analytical approach to engineering required
- Experience simulating power systems a strong plus
- Troubleshooting skills with basic power systems a plus
- Comfortable with lab equipment used in the characterization and design of power supplies and systems (oscilloscopes, DMMs, Network Analyzers, EMI analyzers, loads, sources, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, comfortable presenting at a technical level
- Some understanding of feedback and control systems, Electromagnetic Interference (EMI), digital (e.g. PIC microcontroller) design, and simulation tools would be a plus
- Familiarity with CAD and office tools (Altium, Power DC, Simetrix, Matlab, Excel, Power Point, Word, etc.) a plus, if not, a willingness to learn and adopt the use of software tools in support of job function.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Vicor is an Equal Opportunity employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Vicor endeavors to make the careers page accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 978-470-2900. Or email us to firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of Human Resources will be in touch with you. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Vicor Corporation designs, manufactures and markets innovative, high performance modular power components, from bricks to semiconductor-centric solutions, to enable customers to efficiently convert and manage power from the wall plug to the point-of-load. Complementing an extensive portfolio of patented innovations in power conversion and power distribution with significant application development expertise, Vicor offers comprehensive product lines addressing a broad range of power conversion and management requirements across all power distribution architectures, including CPA, DPA, IBA, FPA and CBA. Vicor focuses on solutions for performance-critical applications in the following markets: enterprise and high performance computing, telecommunications and network infrastructure, industrial equipment and automation, vehicles and transportation and aerospace and defense electronics.Start Application