Associate Failure Analysis Engineer
- Perform electrical and physical analyses of defective products using industry-standard equipment and techniques including hazardous chemicals
- Works with internal and external teams and laboratories to identify failure mechanisms and contribute to root-cause failure investigations
- Articulates analysis progress and results verbally and in writing
- Meet failure analysis cycle time requirements
- Participate in lab processes and procedures including lab and tool maintenance, and data/control systems
- Participate in ISO audits
Critical skills, knowledge, and abilities:
- Entry level knowledge of electronic theory and semiconductor physics.
- Aptitude for electronic troubleshooting and physical fault isolation.
- Willingness and ability to become a proficient operator of a wide variety of high-tech equipment such as Scanning Electron Microscopes, Scanning Acoustic Microscopes, Energy-dispersive X-ray spectroscopy, oscilloscopes, X-ray, Plasma Etcher, etc.
- Manual dexterity, attention to detail, and patience to perform microscopic cross-sectioning, polishing, chemical deprocessing, and electrical probing.
- Ability to accomplish tasks while working independently.
- Interested in electronics with an inquisitive disposition.
- Ability to effectively and amiably function in a fast-paced and ever-changing team environment.
- Knowledge and use of MS Office suite
- Strong work ethic and courage to own mistakes
- Dependable and willing to learn
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) or Electrical Engineering Technology (BSEET)
- Familiarity with Semiconductor manufacturing and assembly including PCB based products
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Vicor is an Equal Opportunity employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Vicor endeavors to make the careers page accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 978-470-2900. Or email us to email@example.com and a member of Human Resources will be in touch with you. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Vicor Corporation designs, manufactures and markets innovative, high performance modular power components, from bricks to semiconductor-centric solutions, to enable customers to efficiently convert and manage power from the wall plug to the point-of-load. Complementing an extensive portfolio of patented innovations in power conversion and power distribution with significant application development expertise, Vicor offers comprehensive product lines addressing a broad range of power conversion and management requirements across all power distribution architectures, including CPA, DPA, IBA, FPA and CBA. Vicor focuses on solutions for performance-critical applications in the following markets: enterprise and high performance computing, telecommunications and network infrastructure, industrial equipment and automation, vehicles and transportation and aerospace and defense electronics.Start Application